Research continues to show that the benefits of Omega-3 fish oil are amazing. Studies are published almost daily as the scientific community discovers more of the many extraordinary Omega-3 fish oil benefits. If you haven’t been taking Omega-3 already, here are six Omega-3 benefits that might change your mind.
- Pain and Inflammation. Omega-3 fatty acids have a very positive effect on your inflammatory response. Through several mechanisms, they regulate your body’s inflammation cycle, preventing and relieving painful conditions like arthritis (inflammation of one or more joints), prostatitis (a painful infection of the prostate gland), and cystitis (a urinary bladder inflammation –usually the lining of the bladder).
- Cardiovascular Health. Omega-3 fatty acids have also been proven to work wonders for your heart cardiovascular system – helping to lower cholesterol, tryglicerides, LDL’s and blood pressure. And at the same time, Omega-3 fatty acids have also been proven to increase the good HDL cholesterol.
- Stroke and Heart Attack. Plaque can build up on your arterial walls. It can eventually break loose causing a thrombosis or clot. If a clot gets stuck in the brain, it results in a stroke. When the clot plugs an artery, it causes a heart attack. Omega-3 fatty acids break up clots before they can form a clot helping to prevent heart attacks and strokes.
- Depression and Psychosis. Making you smarter is not all Omega-3 does for your brain. Psychiatry researchers have conducted numerous studies and have all concluded that Omega-3 fish oil supplements “alleviate” the symptoms of depression, bipolar and psychosis.
- Childhood Disorders. Studies show that children and adults with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), both afflictions of inattentiveness, over-activity, impulsiveness, or a combination, experience a greatly improved quality of life when given Omega-3. The same is true for sufferers of dyslexia, dyspraxia and compulsive disorders.
- Breast, Colon & Prostate Cancer. Omega-3 fish oil has been shown to help prevent three of the most common forms of cancer - breast, colon and prostate. Studies show that Omega-3 stops the alteration from a normal healthy cell to a cancerous mass, inhibits unwanted cellular growth and aids in apoptosis, a form of cell death leading to the elimination of cancerous cells without releasing harmful substances into the surrounding area.
So you can see why increasing your intake of Omega-3 can have a huge benefit to your overall health. Now it’s time to put your knowledge to work. Eat more cold water oily fish and start taking good quality pure Omega-3 fish oil supplements from Freddie’s Nutrition on a daily basis.